To help us drive continuous improvement, we look for an experienced Capability Building and Training Manager who will shape and implement TfS’ global capability building and training strategy.
Apply by 7 October!
Capability Building and Training Manager
Together for Sustainability AISBL (TfS) is a global, procurement driven initiative dedicated to the improvement of supply chain sustainability in the chemical industry. Committed to contributing to a better world, TfS assesses, audits, and improves sustainability performance of suppliers and chemical companies. We bring together 37 member companies. Most recently, TfS has launched a programme to measure and reduce scope 3 greenhouse emissions, which will become the de facto standard for the chemical industry. Learn more about us here: https://tfs-initiative.com/.
To help us drive continuous improvement, we are looking for an experienced Capability Building and Training Manager. You will shape and implement TfS’ global Capability Building and Training strategy to reach buyers in member companies and suppliers and will drive tangible sustainability improvements. The position is Brussels-based and starts from 1 December 2022.
- In cooperation with TfS members, develop and implement the TfS’ capability building strategy;
- Maintain and further develop TfS’ one-stop shop learning environment, the TfS Academy;
- Review and develop the TfS training offer; this includes cooperation with suitable external partners to design, acquire and update trainings;
- Address regional or local learning needs in cooperation with the respective TfS regional teams;
- Monitor and analyse impact measurement KPIs as well as drive improvements;
- Cooperate with the TfS team on related, ad hoc tasks.
Required experience and education
- Masters’ degree in an area relevant for capability building and trainings e.g. educational science;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in capability building and learning management or in a strategic role in a related field;
- Experience and proven track record of managing and developing learning management systems and applying it across an organization, preferably Docebo LMS;
- Active network of relevant partners (e.g., training developers & providers, NGOs, Academia);
- Fluency in English.
Desired experience and education
- Practical experience and in-depth knowledge of sustainability such as EHS, labour conditions, governance issues, decarbonisation which are addressed by trainings to achieve improvement;
- Experience in capability building and trainings in geographical regions with strong need for sustainability improvements;
- Experience developing e-learnings, especially using the Articulate software package;
- Experience in creating learning curriculums & blended learning approaches;
- Experience working in or with similar associations;
- Negotiation experience;
- further languages: knowledge of Chinese, Spanish or Portuguese is considered a plus.
- Strategic thinker: envision a future, ability to develop a programme to make it happen and deliver concrete results;
- Project management skills;
- Communication skills and ability to build communities (leadership skills);
- Analytical and results-oriented;
- Ability to work in a small core team and in diverse virtual teams with people across organisational boundaries and across several countries/regions;
- The right to work in Belgium (incl. local residency).
What we offer and why candidates should apply
- Work for a purpose in a small, dedicated team with a cooperative spirit;
- Work with contributors from globally leading companies with high ambitions on sustainability;
- Employment contract under Belgian law;
- Ideally full-time work, part-time employment is an option;
- Laptop, mobile phone, meal vouchers, public transport reimbursement;
- Modern office in the heart of the EU quarter, remote work options.
Please send a letter of motivation and your CV including salary requirements by 7 October 2022 to email@example.com.
The subject line should be “Application – Capability Building and Training Manager”.